· Cannon, John and Griffiths, Cannon. The Oxford Illustrated History of the British Monarchy. Oxford University Press, 2001.
· Coeroli, M., D. De Gaillande, J. P. Landret, and D. Coatanea. Recent innovations in cultivation of molluscs in French Polynesia. Aquaculture 39(1-4), 1984. Crossland, C., The cultivation of the mother-of-pearl oyster in the Red Sea, publish.csiro.au
· Australian Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research Volume 8 Number 2 1957.
· DeMasters, K., Out of the dust emerge lustrous buttons. N.Y. Times. April 4, 1999.
· Eunson, R., The pearl king. The story of the fabulous Mikimoto. Charles E. Tuttle Co., Rutland, Vt., 1963.
· Foshag, W. F., Exploring the world of gems. Natl. Geogr. Mag. 48(6), 1925.
· Galtsoff, P. S., The pearl oyster resources of Panama. U.S. Dep. Inter., Fish & Wildlife Services, Special Sci. Rep.: Fish. 1950.
· Gervis, M. H., and N. A. Sims, The biology and culture of pearl oysters (Bivalvia: teriidae). Overseas Dev. Admin. United Kingdom. London, 1992.
· Goulletquer, P., and M. Heral, Marine molluscan production trends in France: from fisheries to aquaculture, 1997.
· Irving, Washington, Voyages and discoveries of the companions of Columbus, Book Tree / Nautical, 1831.
· Keen, A. M., Sea shells of tropical west America. Stanford Univ. Press, Stanford, Calif., 1971.
· Kunz, George Frederick and Stevenson, Charles Hugh, The Book of the Pearl: The History, Art, Science and Industry of the Queen of Gems. Dover Publishers, 1993.
· Landman, Neil H.; Mikkelsen, Paula M.; Bieler, Rudiger; Bronson, Bennet. Pearls: A Natural History. Harry N. Abrams, Inc. in association with The American museum of Natural History, NY, 2001.
· Leonard Matlins, Antoinette, The Pearl Book: The Definitive Buying Guide: How to Select, Buy, Care for & Enjoy Pearls. Gemstone Press, 1996. Comprehensive guide pearl appreciation for students, collectors and professionals.
· Liddicoat, Richard T., Handbook of Gem Identification. GIA, 1989.
· MacKenzie, C.L. Jr., Burrell, W.G. Jr., A. Rosenfield, and W. L. Hobart (Editors), The history, present condition, and future of the molluscan fisheries of North and Central America and Europe, Volume 3, Europe.
· Matlin, Antoinette L. The Pearl Book: The Definitive Buying Guide, 2nd Edition; Gemstone Press, Woodstock, Vermont, 1999.
· McClintock, J. 1994. Out of the oyster, the whole story of pearls. Sea Frontiers 40(3): 1823.
· Pearl World, this bimonthly newsletter about international world of pearling published out of Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
· Newman, Renee, The Pearl Buying Guide. International Jewelry Publications.
· Reed, W., Cultivation of the black-lipped pearl oyster Pinctada margaritifera (L). J. Conc. London 26, 1966.
· Tait, Hugh, Jewelry 7000 Years.
· Tranter, D. J., Reproduction in Australian pearl oysters (Lamellibranchia). IV Pinctada margaritifera (L). Aust. J. Mar. Freshwater Res. 9(4) 1958.
· MacKenzie, Jr., V. G. Burrell, Jr., A. Rosenfield, and W. L. Hobart (Editors), The history, present condition, and future of the molluscan fisheries of North and Central America and Europe, Volume 2, p. 33-40, U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Rep. NMFS 128.
· Ward, F. 1998. Pearls. Gem Book Publishers, Bethesda, Md. A comprehensive illustrated book about types, selecting and caring for pearls.
· “De Morgan” by Pierre Amiet, http://www.iranica.com/articles/v7/v7f2/v7f261.html, http://www.iranica.com/articles/sup/Louvre_Museum.html,
· "The Black Pearl Connection," in Connoisseur, April 1991.
· "The Pearl of Beaches," in Conde Nast Traveler, Jan 1996.
· “The Pearl of Allah,” by Terry Wright: http://www.terrywrightbooks.com/pearl.html
· "Pearls from the Southland," by Pamela Selbert, in Lapidary Journal, July 1995.
· “The Most Ancient Pearls” http://www.voguegioiello.net/06per/perle/01sto/0502/eindex.asp#1
· "Mussels and the Mississippi," by Jacqueline Sletto, in Animals, Nov 1989.
· "Oysterlust: Islanders, Entrepreneurs, and Colonial Policy Over Tuamotu Lagoons," by Moshe Rapaport, in Journal of Pacific History, Jun 1995, p. 39-52.
· "Australia's Magnificent Pearls," National Geographic. December, 1991.
· "Vedic Astrology and Gems" by Dr. Theja Hettiaratchi, Ph.D, FGA, FGG, PG:
· "Vedic Astrology & Jyotish Gemstones," by James Braaha http://www.astrologicalgem.com/articles.html
Compilation by Blackpearlgoddess.com